Case Studies – The Focal Point of Your Profile
Case Studies like project portfolios, where you can show your Host references alongside additional information, such as photos and videos, to fully articulate the work you’ve achieved when you where with your host.
- When you have completed the handshake, it means the work is done and you need to leave a reference for the host.
- When the host has written you a reference, it will not appear on your profile until you have done the same. When both reviews are completed it will appear on your profile as a Case Study.
- You need to upgrade to full membership for your references to appear. This costs you €10 a year and is how Working Traveller is paid for.
- All host services are free on Working Traveller. If you think it is not worth paying the €10 a year for your references to appear, remember that that shows hosts you do not value your references. You will cover the cost of membership through securing one work placement. You will gain, as you now appear in work searches where the host was only interested in seeing travellers with reviews.
Case Studies as Visual RecordYou cannot add to what the Host has said about you, but you can add a set of pictures or a video that shows what you did on the project to go with the reference.
- Any pictures you may have already added to your profile will appear on your profile but are separate from the reference you have been left by the Host.
- Pictures add credibility to your reference.
- When you have several case studies with high ranking references and good clear pictures showing what you did with the Host, this will make all the difference for getting the best talent moving around the world for your next season of travel.
Digital SignatureAs you know, there is a lot of talk about sites like Trip Advisor and Airbnb around the subject of ‘fake’ profiles to push hosts up the ratings list.
- We thought about that here at Working Traveller and built in a ‘digital signature’ into the logo. The logo is your hand making the letters W and T. When you do some work with a host, take a nice smiling picture of the two of you making the WT digital signature together, side by side.
- It shows beyond all doubt that you went to their place and did the work and the reference they left you is real. It makes all the difference to future hosts and employers, reassuring them that all your references and case studies are 100% real.