Jobs and Work Opportunities at WT
- If you’re looking for a regular paid job, I suggest Working Traveller is not for you.
- If you are looking for work as you travel – get yourself to Work Search.
- If you’re a traveller, have good writing / video / blogging skills and you’re interested in being involved with WT as you travel… read on 🙂
- If you are passionate about travel, highly organised and interested in joining the team have a look at Working Traveller’s profile where there are several work experience and paid work placements connected with WorkingTraveller.com.
- We receive many emails from people asking for a job without showing a CV or an up to date link to their WT profile. If you’re interested in working for Working Traveller, please read the information below and apply from each specific work requirement shown on our profile.
If you wish to apply for any of the work opportunities at WT please do the following first.
Sign up to WT and update your profile fully with your brief CV, full CV, pictures etc. and links to any video or things that are specific to your skills.
If you wish to work with WT within our writing skills requirements, please make sure your profile is as strong as you can make it. Next, apply to moderate your home town or favorite travel location where you have been working.
- Once you have shown you can write and have updated some pages in the Work Wiki, only then contact us about the work placement postings on our profile.
- Anyone who does not fill in their profile and demonstrate that they are willing to do some editing will not be considered. We get many emails with ” I need a job, I love travel, what do you pay?” We just delete these without replying.
- I don’t want to sound negative, but the whole thing about Working Traveller is giving people the chance to improve themselves, to gain good references, and to work hard and get paid. To do that you need to be professional and sell yourself as well as you can – not ask “what jobs do you have?” when, think about it – they are all clearly list here Working Traveller’s profile.
If you’re applying for the video work, you don’t need to show your writing skills in the Wiki but we will want to see that your itinerary is up to date to see where you will be going to film your experiences.
- We are making a video in 2017 and want people to film their work experiences all over the world. We will be paying 100 euro per minute of video used in the final video that will be on the home page, hopefully this time next year in 2017. I will post the 2017 information on this here soon, we are just relaunching at the moment so one thing at a time.
- We have a need for Country Editors to help us with the Work Wiki section. These are currently volunteer positions only.
- Interested in moderating a specific country? Apply on your countries page in the Work Wiki. If it’s a general inquiry about being a country editor, post your questions below, but again, if you email and just say ” I want to be an editor” we will not reply.
We are always looking for Travel Bloggers who are interesting in trying out Working Traveller.
- We’ll make a simple video to show how you got on, such as in the the example below.
- If you are a travel blogger and would like us to make a video of you trying out Working Traveller, let us know below.
- If you have a general question about the current work we are offering before deciding to apply – please get in touch using the form below.
- Do not apply for any of the work placement positions at WT here. Use the normal Working Traveller way of applying through our profile. If you don’t get how the site works, how can you help make it better? 🙂