Information Users Provide to Us
WT collects information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information, such as your name, username, gender, birth date, email address, mailing address, phone number and photographs
- Messages and interactive forum information, such as discussion group posts, messages to other WT users and information you provide in connection with activities and events
- Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your ethnicity, occupation, personal URL, IM username, emergency contact, home descriptions, work travel history and plans and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide.
We also collect information about you from other WT users, such as references, friend connections and other interconnections and interactions between you and other WT users.
Information We Collect Automatically From You
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how you access or use our Services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your WT account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
Use of Information
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Protect the safety of WT users and verify users’ identities;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about WT.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalise the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
Transfers of Your Personal Information
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a discussion forum;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce our agreements, to protect the security or integrity of our Services; or to protect WT, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities.
We may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you.
Social Media Tools
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
By registering and saving a work post you are agreeing for Working Traveller to advertise your post via Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter).
WT takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update or correct information about you, or deactivate your account, at any time by logging into your account and editing your profile. Please note that even after you deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes and to protect member safety.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.