The terms and conditions shown below are for all members of Working Traveller. Where there is a difference in terms for each type of member, terms are shown separately.
Sign up and your account
In order to access certain areas of WT and our services, you will need to register for an account. You agree to:
- Create a unique password that you do not use with any other online product or service.
- Provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating an account.
- Maintain and promptly update your account information.
- Maintain the security of your account by protecting your password and restricting access to your account.
- Promptly notify WT if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the services.
- Take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and accept all risks of any authorised or unauthorised access.
Interactions with other members
- WT provides a social network for travellers to find paid and voluntary work with hosts around the world., You will engage in activities, communicate and negotiate with one another and make plans to provide/receive pay and unpaid work.
- We don’t allow our members to use WT to contact each other to make offers of work or volunteering outside of WT. Also, members can’t use information obtained from WT to contact each other about work outside of WT.
- If you receive an offer to agree on a work placement outside eBay, please report it.
- Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including suspension of your account.
- WT is not party to, has no involvement or interest in, makes no representations or warranties as to, and has no responsibility or liability with respect to any communications, transactions, interactions, disputes or any relations whatsoever between you and any other member, person or organization. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members of our services.
- We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor interactions between you and other members of our services to improve the quality of the service and to make sure there is no misuse of the service. Any profile that consistently request users information so interact with them outside of WT will be removed from the service.
- WT’s services are completely free to travellers who have standard membership. You will never be forced to upgrade to full membership that currently costs 10 euro per year. You can set up and manage hundreds of work placements around the world on the standard membership and are not required at any stage to upgrade. This means you can use the service for free.
- The only thing that full membership has that standard membership does not is that it allows references to appear on your profile. If you wish to have this service and not pay for it, all you need to do is to complete 2,000 editorial points and you are given, subject to a review of the quality of the editing, full membership for one year only. Once that membership expires you will need to either pay for another year’s membership or do another 2,000 editing points.
- The quality of the editing points is at the discretion of WT and if it is felt that any member has not produced editorial content that is at a high enough standard to warrant full membership they will be contacted. Anyone using spam techniques to gain full membership will be deleted without being contacted.
- Host accounts will always be free and hosts references in their profiles will also always be free, as it is seen that the value of WT is the number of quality hosts in the world who have work on offer to travellers. The idea is to always give all our services to hosts for free. There may come a time when additional services are offered to hosts that may have a one off, or annual fee. They are not planned for and unlikely to happen.
- But say hosts feedback asks for a content management system for them to manage hundreds of work placements for them or a charity wants 300 bespoke host placements added to the site and integrated into their existing web sites back end – there may be a cost. For normal hosts who want to advertisement work and get travellers to come and stay, the basic account with references will always be free.
- WT cannot and does not confirm each member’s identity. The profile references are intended to help you make a judgement of a traveller or host, but it is only a judgement and cannot be taken as an endorsement from WT.
- You are solely responsible for determining the identity and suitability of other members with whom you may interact through WT’s services. WT does not represent or warrant that our references and thumbs up and thumbs down are sufficient to determine whether it is appropriate for you to interact and arrange to work with with another member. Furthermore, WT do not endorse any persons who use or register for our services.
- WT does not investigate or verify any member’s reputation, conduct, morality, criminal background, or any information members may submit to the services. WT encourages you to take precautions when interacting with other members, particularly when meeting a stranger in person for the first time. This is why a profile that is a few years old, and has over 20 good reviews will be of real help to making your decision of what you will do. It is, however, a guide and not a guarantee.
- Because WT’s services are merely a platform to introduce travellers and hosts, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members, you release us (and our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
WT member conduct and content
- WT’s services include interactive areas where you or other members can create, post or store content, messages, materials, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, videos, graphics or other items or materials on the services (collectively, “member content”). You are solely responsible for your use of such interactive areas and agree that your use of these areas is at your own risk.
- You are solely responsible for any member content that you submit, post or transmit via our services. you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the services, member content that we believe, in our sole discretion:
- Is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Contains nudity, sexually explicit content or is otherwise obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive or sexually exploitative of minors.
- May disparage any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group by stereotypical depiction or is otherwise abusive or inflammatory.
- Depicts the use of illicit drugs.
- Contains offensive language or images or is otherwise objectionable.
- Incites violence or characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable.
- Contains unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, without our prior written consent.
- Contains private or personal information about another person, unless such person has agreed to the disclosure of this information.
- Contains viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files viruses, cancel bots, trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or ip spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology.
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. by posting member content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such member content; or would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense or violate the rights of any third party.
WT is not responsible for any member content that you or other members post, transmit or store through our services. WT have no obligation to post member content from you or anyone else and we may, in our sole discretion, edit, remove or delete any member content without notice. If you become aware of member content that violates these terms, you may report it by accessing the feedback. Enforcement of these terms, however, is solely in our discretion and the absence of enforcement in some instances does not waive of our right to enforce the terms in other instances. In addition, these terms do not create a private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
By accessing or using WT’s services, you agree not to:
- Use the services in violation of any applicable law or regulation, including promoting or encouraging any illegal activity. Any country that requires you to have valued work visas mean that you should have these in place before doing at paid for work. Working Traveller will report any activity that openly goes against it’s countries law and if asked will provide at data to police in the country if specifiably asked for the data in conjunction with a specific court case being taken against a host or traveller. WT does not however hold any information on what deals have been made between any travellers and hosts. Only the messages held on our servers that are backed up for six months. Once this time has lapsed the data is destroyed.
- Infringe the rights of any third party, including without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- Use the services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other members from fully enjoying the services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the services in any manner.
- Use our services in connection with the distribution of spam (which we define as unsolicited bulk e-mail or any other unsolicited messages of a commercial, religious, romantic or political or other nature not within the intended purposes of the services).
- Collect or store any information about any other member other than as permitted on our services.
- Use our services for any commercial purpose whatsoever, unless with prior written consent from WT.
- Register for more than one travel member account. You can have more than one host account and have a host and traveller account.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity, whether by providing or omitting to provide information. Any accounts that are in our view set up to purely help boost reviews for a associated host or traveller account, will be automatically deleted.
- Represent yourself as an agent, representative, employee or affiliate of WT, including but not limited to when you host an event for other WT members or sign up to be a WT editor.
Member content license
If you post member content to WT’s services, you hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, have distributed and promote such member content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created and for any purpose, including without limitation the right to use your name, likeness, voice or identity. you represent and warrant that:
- You own and control all of the rights to the member content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such member content to the services.
- The member content is accurate and not misleading.
- The use and posting of the member content you supply does not violate these terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity
- Hosts are granted the right to create a text hyper link to their own services web sites, provided such link does not portray a different services to the one you have specified in your profile or is false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. this limited right may be revoked at any time.
- WT reserves the right to delete any hyper link set in any host account that is seen to be spam and will delete the account at the same time without any notice or warning to the particular host involved.
- Besides, by registering and saving a work post you are agreeing for Working Traveller to advertise your post via Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter).
- In using WT’s services, you may be exposed to content from other members or third parties (“third-party content”), either on our services or through links to third-party websites. we do not control, endorse or adopt any third-party content and shall have no responsibility for third-party content, including without limitation material that may be misleading, incomplete, erroneous, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, third-party content, including without limitation, profiles of other members of our services.
- WT may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause (such cause may include your breach of these terms), with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) Terminate your access to our services, (b) Deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in such account and/or (c) Bar your access to any of such files or services. Discontinuance of services WT may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without prior notice and at any time, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any portion of our services.
Limits on liability
- In no event shall WT, or our directors, members, employees or agents be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including, but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise, even if WT has been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising from or relating to: (a) The use or inability to use our services; (b) The cost of replacement of any goods, services or information purchased or obtained as a result of any information obtained from or transactions entered into through or from our services; (c) Disclosure of, unauthorized access to or alteration of your content; (d) Damages for loss or corruption of data or programs, service interruptions or procurement of substitute services, even if we know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages; (e) Statements, conduct or omissions of any service providers or other third party on our services; (f) Your or anyone else’s conduct or acts in connection with the use of the services, including without limitation, illegally employing people for work without the correct visas and work permits, people working illegally without the correct visas or work permits, bodily injury, emotional distress, death or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered members of our services or persons introduced to you by our services, whether on-line or off-line; or (g) Any other matter arising from, relating to or connected with our working services or these terms.
- If you interact with anyone through WT’s services who you feel is acting or has acted inappropriately, including but not limited to employing workers illegally, travellers working illegally, offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behaviour, who steals from you or engages in any other disturbing conduct, we strongly encourage you to immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and to us by contacting us using the form on WT’s contact page or using the “problem with another member” form.
- Please note that although WT encourages you to report misconduct, we are not responsible or liable for our members’ actions and we are not obligated to take any action.