Want to work your way around the word?
If working and traveling on your round the world trip and building up some references is is your goal – then Working Traveller is for you. Have a look at some of the benefits the community brings and if you thing you have what it takes – it’s free to sign up.
Top Ten reasons to use Working Traveller
- Working Traveller is the only service focused on building your references for a job when you go back home. If you are motivated in having a career in life and working hard to get great references and have been disappointed in the opportunities available to do, this like volunteer positions on Woofing because they are only focused on organic farming -then Working Traveller is for you ( just to be clear, Woofing is a great service and we are not knocking what they do at all – just pointing out that it only works for travellers interested in organic farming).
- Working Traveller is all about skills, your skills. We have nearly 1000 skills registered in the Skills section. If you can’t find yours -contact us and we will add it, no matter how obscure it may be. Someone out there needs you!
- You want to get paid right? Volunteering and cultural exchange is all very well, but you are filling your boots on culture when you are travelling. When you want to work, you want to work. Read through the traveller help pages and you will see how you can go from volunteering and working for your bed and board to earning enough through using Working Traveller to pay you way for as long as you want. Hosts want skills hard working people like them to work with them. This is why you use Working Traveller – to be able to learn from these people, not to just be fed by them.
- Your a traveller and you like free stuff – we know that, we are travellers too 🙂 Working Traveller is free to sign up to and use for as long as you want. You can plan your whole world trip and request work placements with 100s of host with out having to pay anything. Once a host offers you a work placement, all we ask is for you to be a full member to be able to communicate with them and so that will cost you a wacking €10 a year. You can then book up as many work placements and gain as many references as you want, all for $10 a year – not to mention the money you will make from being a working traveller.
- Work Search – this is where it all happens. Have a look. You type in your skills, what country you will be travelling to and when and… bang – all relevant work placements that are suited to you appear. No other service gets you connected to the right hosts for you in a few clicks.
- We have a mobile app – designed for working travellers on the move. See what hosts needs your skills near by when you arrive in a country. The app even helps you find your phone if you loose it.
- Because we are free for travellers to use, we are growing daily. Hosts are seeing this and are signing up on a daily basis too. We are not quite there yet – we are the new kid on the block, but our goal is to have more hosts with active work placements that any other service like Working Traveller put together. We are 100% free to hosts, to encourage them to sign up, and they are in their 1000s. See for your self here in the Work Search
- We are building a wiki for every continent, every country, every region and yes – every county in the world. Its called the Work Wiki. It’s a huge task and when its done will provide future generations of travellers with invaluable information on what kind of work for travellers can be found in some of the most remotest parts of the world.
- Are you organized? DO you ave a plan for where you will be for the next year and want to book up work over six months in advance? Working Traveller is focused on getting the right skills to the right hosts at the right time. It’s not about getting your next free bed, its about working smart and having the right work placements booked up way in advance before you arrive.
- Working Traveller is run by a young fun team of travellers – just like you. This I guess is not a reason to use us, but its nice to know you are joining a community that thinks and works like you and not some stuffy corporation with offices someone where. We work as digital nomads and don’t waste money on stuff like that 🙂