Why are my references not showing in my profile?
As a Traveller, the reason why your references may not appear in your profile is because you need to be a Full Member to have them show. To become a Full Member you simply need to pay €10 a year. This is how Working Traveller runs!
- Your are able to upgrade and let your references appear in your profile once you have completed a handshake. This will help you get more work on your travels and a job when you get home.
- Why do you have to pay to be a full member? The answer is simple, the whole site’s services are free to hosts. This is to encourage as many hosts as possible to sign up to Working Traveller and to post the work placements they need doing.
- The site is free to travellers until you start to make money from the site. We have to get in some money from somewhere to keep the site running and to pay for the team that makes it all happen. So if we didn’t charge you for something, the site would never be and you would never get the opportunity to use all its services.
- We feel that charging €10 euros a year for you to use the site is pretty fair, no matter how much money you make from it.
- Imagine asking a recruitment consultant to set you up with 20 different work placements around the world and offer them €10 for finding the hosts for you.
- Every Euro we get in goes back into developing more services for the site and to the editors who will be building the Work in? section.
Why Pay the €10?If you feel €10 a year to have your references appear is too much, then maybe Working Traveller is not for you. You can build up some great references as a volunteer and then when your profile shows you have the skills hosts need, you will be able to negotiate a small amount of money plus a bed for your work.
- If you are serious about being a Working Traveller, €10 is a very small part of your costs for moving around the world.
- Indeed, Working Traveller aims to help you save you thousands of Euro in hostel costs, not to mention the value of your references when you get home and need to start your career.