0 from 0 references
member since Apr 9 2021
- Bsc in marine biology and a Msc in environmental change, monitoring and management.
- Great experience and knowledge in practical conservation within the UK including ecology surveys, habitat restoration etc.
- Experienced in horse riding and handling (BHS level 1 qualified)
- Worked in restaurants/cafes (kitchen assistant, waitress, barista)
- Experience working with animals (livestock/dogs/horses)
Languages SpokenEnglish (Mother Tongue)
Full CV / Resume
I am a hardworking individual who enjoys a challenge, whether this is in work or my personal life. I have a friendly personality and work well with others; I have both field surveying skills and theoretical knowledge on environmental management and marine biology. I am proficient in the use of various software including MS office, ArcGIS/QGIS, R for data analysis and report writing. I am looking for a career that will fuel my passion conserving the environment and the and can help make a difference to the world we live in.
• Data analysis
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Specialist Software (R and ArcGIS)
• Environmental assessment (EIA, Phase 1 habitat survey, core count)
· Practical conservation (Coppicing, bat surveys, camera trap surveys, bird ringing)
2020 – 2021 MSc Environmental change, management, and monitoring
– University of Hull (pending)
- Environmental change in the Anthropocene
- Research issues in Environmental Management and Renewable Energy
- Environmental and Energy Data Literacy
- Ecosystem Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Spatial Data
Covered a multitude of different practical and theoretical skills over both a terrestrial and marine environment, within which I have covered threats in the Anthropocene and how we manage these in order to protect our environment. This includes having knowledge of EIA and spatial data, a good understanding of ArcGIS and QGIS to map data. A knowledge of policies and legislations put in place for conservation, including currently working on a project with the vice chair of future earth coast to test a new marine management framework on our UK coastlines.
2017 – 2020 BSc (Hons) Marine biology – University of Hull (First class)
- Aquatic resource management
- Geographical information systems
- Practical conservation
Relevant skills acquired:
- Field work skills such as bird, bat, camera trap and transect surveys.
- Research skills including a dissertation in final year on the effects of anthropogenic trampling on intertidal rocky shores.
- Data analysis skills using programmes such as R, PRIMER and excel
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and QGIS
- Science communication (Report writing, posters, presentations, videos, and infographics)
- Good knowledge on marine fisheries management and regulation policies
- Surveying knowledge such as EIAs, phase 1 habitat surveys and core bird counts.
2015 – 2017 A levels, Colchester sixth form college
Geology (A); Biology (B); Environmental science (C); EPQ (The effects of captivity on animal ethology and welfare) (C)
2020-2020 Kitchen assistant/barista – Coffee crate, Essex
I worked at the coffee crate during the COVID pandemic as a summer job before I went back to university. I was the main kitchen assistant being in charge of preparing all the food orders and sometimes helping out making drinks. My duties also involved keeping check of stock and deliveries, cleaning the kitchen, till handling and waitressing.
onwards Kitchen staff/waitress, Wilkin & Sons – The Lock Tearoom, Essex
I have been working for at the tearooms since college and still regularly work there during holiday breaks from university. I can carry out a variety of job roles, such as waiting tables, serving customers, till handling, food preparation and other kitchen duties making me a valued employee who is regularly called upon at short notice to cover absences in addition to my scheduled rota.
I have trained new employees who work in the kitchen and hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificate.
2013 – 2017 Kitchen porter, The New Times - Carvery/pub, Essex
I worked as a kitchen porter at The New Times pub for four years throughout my GCSEs and my A levels showing my commitment and ability to organise work and study time. This was a fast-paced environment which required efficiency and speed, without compromising on a high standard of cleanliness. My role was to ensure the crockery and cookware was washed, sterile and dry and available for re-use throughout the service period. At the end of service, the ovens and kitchen area were cleaned down and ready for the next shift.
2011 – 2015 Paper round delivery, The Tribune, Essex
Regular delivery of a local community paper to 200 points, throughout the year. The delivery was time sensitive, so it was important to be reliable and work to deadlines.
Biological and marine sciences subject prize 2019-2020 (University of Hull)
I was awarded the subject prize award after completing my marine biology degree for achieving the highest grade within my year.
I took part in the National Citizen Service award in 2015, this involved working in a team for three weeks. We lived away for two weeks and undertook team bonding exercises, and structured activities where we had to plan, organise and complete a project that would improve or help our local community. Our project was to create a “quiet room” for a Centre which supported Adults with mental health issues.
Horse riding/ Equestrian society
I enjoy horse riding and being around the stables, voluntary working to muck out, tack up the horses for lessons and support younger more inexperienced riders. I’m also currently a member of the university equestrian society and participate in weekly lessons.
Tiptree Heathland volunteering
As part of a voluntary group I have helped with the management of our local heathland, it is the largest surviving fragment of heathland in the County of Essex and is home to many rare plants. My roles involved clearing drainage ditches and ponds, clearing scrubland away and cutting down unwanted trees.
- Love of nature and the outdoors
- Enjoys outdoor activities (hiking, running, horseriding etc)
- Animal enthusiast
- Beginner in learning Swedish
- Up for adventure/travel and new experiences/cultures